Forestry Technician (4 Positions)
Rapid City, SD
Agency: Pennington Conservation District
Salary: $13 per hour
Closing Date: until filled
This position is a member of a four-person crew that will participate in timber sale layout and marking on federal lands by marking timber in accordance with silvicultural prescriptions and/or marking guides. The crew will be led by the forester and will collect basal area data utilizing variable plots, and seedling/sapling stocking information utilizing fixed plots.
Valid driver’s license is required.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have The Following Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Forestry management practices
• Tree marking equipment
• Silvicultural prescriptions
• Record keeping
• Handheld GPS operation
• Operate 4-wheel drive vehicle in off road and winter conditions
• Operate GPS to navigate and create waypoints
• Locate and navigate property boundaries using compass, topographic maps and aerial photographic maps
• Do repetitive strenuous work outdoors in all kinds of weather and conditions
• Perform assignments with limited instruction
• Read and interpret maps and aerial photography
• Hike with a 20 pound pack for extended periods in arduous terrain and varying weather conditions
Please fill out and send an application and resume to Lindsay Mader @
email@example.com or call 605-858-6668 with any questions.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers